We believe that responsible and tax-transparent behavior are key to rebuilding social trust and addressing the expectations of the public and policymakers alike.
- Blueprint for Responsible and Transparent Tax Behaviour
- On the topic of tax and Corporate Social Responsibility, CSR Europe published a Blueprint for Responsible and Transparent Tax Behaviour. Naspers is one of the participating companies and shared its experience in the area of Interaction with Tax Authorities, which is included in the Blueprint as a best practice company case.
- OECD Public Consultation Addressing the Tax Challenges of the Digitalisation of the Economy
- December 2019. In modernizing tax legislation, the OECD follows a two pillar approach. Naspers and Prosus welcomed the opportunity to submit comments. Firstly in November 2019 on Pillar One, and now on Pillar Two, where the OECD asks for input to explore the design of a system to ensure that mne’s – in the digital economy and beyond – pay a minimum level of tax. This provides countries with a tool to protect their tax base from profit shifting. Here you can find our submission.
- November 2019. In modernizing tax legislation, the OECD follows a two pillar approach. Naspers and Prosus welcomed the opportunity to submit comments. Pillar One explores potential solutions for determining where tax should be paid, and on what basis (nexus), as well as what portion of profit could/should be taxed in the client or user country (profit allocation). We are very positive about the direction taken by the OECD. Pillar One links with our statement that ‘tax should be paid in the countries where the revenue and profits are made’. Here you can find our submission.
- February 2019. The digitalization of the economy is raising various tax challenges that need to be addressed. Naspers welcomed the opportunity to submit comments on the Public Consultation Document on Addressing the Tax Challenges of the Digitalisation of the Economy released by the OECD on 13 February 2019. Here you can find our submission.